Sunday, October 21, 2007

Andrew Bird live at Austin City Limits!



I've been hesitant to report on ACL because I didn't enjoy the festival as much as I expected. I imagine I experienced what many feel when they romanticize Manhattan only to discover a completely different city when they finally arrive. Still, there are always the little perks that make you glad you made the move, despite how much the object of your affection falls short of your expectations. Andrew Bird was one of ACL's perks.



Andrew is the politest musician I have seen live. He introduced each of his songs, thanked us for spending the afternoon with him, and was an altogether kind individual.



Andrew opened with...

"Fiery Crash"


Sounds so much better live.





"Nervous Tick Motion"


Part one..


Part two..


Part three.





"Heretics"







"Simple X"


Tilt that pretty head of yours.

"Imitosis"





"Fake Palindromes"


Tilt your head once more.



"Skin Is My"







Final song...

"Dark Matter"


Part one...


Part two...


Part three.



The end.


Up next: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Muse and Bob Dylan.

2 comments:

Ms. Cobb said...

Thank you, that was lovely :) I love Andrew Bird. Merci beaucoup pour les videos.

jorge said...

Out of curiousity, which digital camera are you using?

The photos are very lovely.